Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The last couple months

Kymberly and Aaron pretending to sleep

On the blow up mattress that mom slept on. They love playing on it.

Ryan being a ham as always

This boy does not know how to eat without it being a big mess. Enjoying a cupcake that Nana and Kymberly made.

Kymberly loves to help mom in the kitchen. Of course mom always feels the need to make alot of sweets while she is here.

Some baking I did at Christmas for the neighbors. It doesn't show all the cookies I made also. I used Mrs. Shirley's recipe for Chocolate chip cookies because besides being delicious they also make alot.

The apple pie I made at Chris' request for our Christmas dessert. I have to say I usually don't make alot of pies, so I was happy that it looked good and tasted good. It makes me want to make another one now.

Before it was cooked. I wanted to show mom the edges of my crust because at Thanksgiving I helped with a pie and it took me a little while to get the edges right. Mom was showing me the right way to do it. I think they look pretty good considering I rarely make pies.


Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I have been quite busy as my last post mentioned. Even now with technically not alot going on, I am still busy. I can't seem to get up as early lately, not sure what is going on with that. By the time i start kymberly with school, that takes me right up to lunch. And then I spend the afternoon trying to do house work or just taking the kids out when it isn't raining. I simply don't put getting on the computer as a priority. If I get on then i do, if not then oh well, maybe tomorrow. I just don't want to let it take up to much of my time. Some big changes are happening with a couple of close friends. One is leaving for afghanistan on Sunday and another is moving in 3 weeks. I will miss them and can't wait till the next time I see them. I hope everyone has a great and blessed day and until next time........





1 comment:

The Huffs said...

shelly, your kids are sooo cute! they have such sweet smiles. your post makes me want something sweet now! i might just have to do some baking haha. great job on the pie! it looks perfect. i'm sure chris was happy that you made it for him. i don't doubt that you are an extremely busy mommy, but one thing's for sure, your kids will treasure all the time you've spent with them.